osm2pgrouting (#24) - importing doesn't work (#272) - Message List

importing doesn't work

Hi,

I tried to import the map of Germany, and all I get are messages like these: We need a way of type highway and class footway We DON'T need a way of type and class We DON'T need a way of type and class We DON'T need a way of type and class We need a way of type highway and class residential We DON'T need a way of type and class We need a way of type highway and class path We need a way of type highway and class residential

No data get's inserted into the database :(

Ciao,

palmcron

• Message #958

Well, these messages are the visual output of parsing mapconfig.xml
    In that file you can define, which OSM attributes should be imported and you can set a class name.

I think the most common issue when osm2pgrouting fails is when you run out of memory. If you use Linux you could increase your Swap partition as a workaround, but I must admit that this is not the way it should be.
    Though we are still looking for a volunteer to fix this issue #140

• Message #963

I have the exact same problem. I have tried with a estonia.osm (200 mb) downloaded from cloudmade and with estonia.osm converted with osmosis.

• Message #965

Well, just to make sure it's caused by the size of your data, you could once try it with less data to see if it's generally working.

• Message #996

I am having the same issue with the minnesota.osm and minnesota.osm.highway cloudmade downloads. I watched the memory usage with top while osm2pgrouting ran and it doesn't seem to be running out of memory during the import.

• Message #1000

Could you provide me with a link to the data you're using?

• Message #1002

I am using the cloudmade file from here:  http://downloads.cloudmade.com/north_america/united_states/minnesota/minnesota.osm.bz2

Though it might have changed since I had this error. I downloaded an earlier one and was running into many parsing errors because of a poorly formatted osm file, then I ran into this problem when I downloaded a later copy. I could send you a copy of the file I am having the issue with if you would like.

• Message #1003

OK, you can send the file to kastl at orkney.co.jp, because I don't think it's a good idea to attach large files to TRAC.

• Message #1011

I sent you a file earlier today, though it appears that the file on cloudmade today is giving me the same errors.

• Message #1012

Hi Carl,
                  I rechecked my mailbox, but nothing there ... was the attachment very big?
                  We can try another address ... could you try to send to this address: daniel [at] karida [dot] de